Thursday, February 24, 2005

The CRAZY real estate market

 
Yesterday, our real estate agent Gail sent us a listing of homes for sale here in the Sarasota area. We chose 10 of those to visit today and sent our list along to her. A few hours later we got a note back from her saying that 5 of the 10 houses we chose had already been sold. "A CRAZY market," is the way she put it. Hmmm. I'm wondering whether it is safe to invest a huge amount of money is something called "a CRAZY market." Probably not.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Approximately 4-5 years ago Ed and I decided to start looking at houses in the suburbs of Philadelphia. I can remember experiencing the same dynamic. We would schedule appointments to view a house and before we even reached for our car keys we were told the house we taken. A friend of mine who thought she was giving me good advice told me I should bid higher than the asking price, if I really wanted a house. This went against everything I was taught NOT to do years prior. That was just CRAZY to me. I couldn't imagine wanting a house THAT bad. It was frustrating though, especially for me who analyzes things to death. I was trying to figure out ... what's the rush?
anyway good luck with house hunting, try not to fall into the craziness, I thought people went to Florida to relax anyway.
P.S. Ed says the Seagulls are facing the tide..LOL

Don DeMaio said...

Thanks, Lo. I can identify with your dilemma.